- Western Undercliff Lift, Ramsgate, built in 1926 in Art Deco style. It carried up to 20 passengers at a time down to the artificial beach below. The front of the lift features the original coloured glass panes, graded from dark blue at the base to white at the top.
- original 3-block multiblock linocut print
- colour: custom blue and phthalo blue oil-based Cranfield ink.
- paper: Bread & Butter printmaking paper, white, smooth, 280 gsm
- print size: approx 15 x 21 cm (A5)
- paper size: approx 21 x 29 cm (slightly smaller than A4)
- dated and signed
- this is the FIRST edition of this print, consisting of 16 prints in this colour way. Future editions will be printed in similar colour ways but will stand as their own editions.
- This is a variable edition, as this print features two gradient rolls and it is impossible to recreate the same gradients for each print. On some, the sky is darker, on others, it is lighter. Each print is therefore unique.
- plastic-free postage using recycled materials
- I post several times a week using 1st class Royal Mail.
I design and carve each motif into linoleum before inking the plates and hand printing them using Alma, my 130 year old Victorian cast iron manual book press. There will be variations between each print, making each one unique.
Thank you very much for looking at my cards and prints.