Add To Your WishlistDungeness Old Lighthouse Linocut
Original Linocut - Dungeness old lighthouse (1904) and the remains of the 1792 lighthouse
- colour: custom grey-blue Cranfield ink
- paper: 280gsm Bread & Butter Printmaking paper
- print size: approx 4x4 inches (10 x10 cm)
- mounted in soft white for a 7 x 7 inch frame (18 x 18 cm)
- numbered and signed
- final limited edition of 39 prints - no further prints will be made from these blocks.
Linocuts prints are made by carving a design into traditional linoleum plates which are then inked up and printed in my two Victorian printing presses. All the areas which have been carved away will not print onto the paper, therefore leaving the paper white. Single-colour linocuts are very striking and bold. It is also possible to create multiblock prints with several overlapping plates, or reduction prints where the same plate is gradually carved away as the layers are printed.