Add To Your WishlistFind Joy in the Ordinary Letterpress Print
Letterpress / Linocut Print - "Find joy in the ordinary", set in mixed vintage type and surrounded by linocut leaves
- colour - blue-black Cranfield etching ink and Winter's Grey Hawthorn ink.
- edition of 23 (letterpress is not normally editioned, but I only own one chase and a limited set of vintage type, meaning everything is taken apart when a print run is finished)
- signed and numbered on the back so as not to detract from the image
- approx size: 10 x 15
- mounted in bright white for a 6 x 8 inch frame
- BFK Rives silkscreen paper, 300gsm with torn or deckle edges
- plastic-free postage using recycled materials
I set vintage lead type by hand. After inking up I print the design with my 130 year old Victorian cast iron manual book press, affectionately known as Alma. This design is printed on lovely thick BFK Rives paper paper, and the letters emboss slightly into the paper. I handcarve the leaves into linoleum which is then inked and printed around the letterpress. There will be variations between each print, making each one unique. This is part of the charm of owning an original letterpress print rather than a reproduction.