Add To Your WishlistPasta Jar Linocut
Original Linocut - Pasta Jar
A glass jar of fusilli pasta. This print was created for the yellow & black challenge and it was featured in the insert of Pressing Matters Magazine.
- multiblock print - 4 coordinating lino plates are inked up several times, using 5 layers of ink.
- colour: custom mix of cadmium yellow light hue, yellow ochre, Patrick's Winter Grey Hawthorn stay open inks
- paper: Bread & Butter printmaking paper, 270 gsm, (white, matte, smooth)
- print size: approx 24x 16 cm
- paper size: approx 21 x 30 cm (A4)
- dated and signed
- limited, final edition of 14 - no further print will be made from these lino plates.
Linocuts prints are made by carving a design into traditional linoleum plates which are then inked up and printed in my two Victorian printing presses. All the areas which have been carved away will not print onto the paper, therefore leaving the paper white. Single-colour linocuts are very striking and bold. It is also possible to create multiblock prints with several overlapping plates, or reduction prints where the same plate is gradually carved away as the layers are printed.