Add To Your WishlistLittle Joys linocut print
'Little Joys' - an original reduction linocut of a small bunch of Erigeron flowers in a tiny Cornishware jug, on a dark blue background
- original 6 layer reduction linocut print
- colour: custom Cranfield Caligo Safewash inks. *please be aware that the finish may be shiny in parts of the print - this is caused by the oil-based inks drying more slowly when they are overlaid. This is most visible on the darkest areas of the print. When framing, ensure that the print does not touch the glass.*
- paper: Bread & Butter printmaking paper, 270gsm, bright white, smooth soft surface. Acid Free. Machine-made.
- print size: approx 3 3/4" x 5 3/4" (9.5 x 14.5 cm) (roughly A6)
- mounted for a 8" x10" frame, in bright white cream-core mountboard.
- signed and numbered. Unframed.
- This is a limited variablen edition of 25 and no further editions can be made from these blocks due to the reduction print process. 'Variable' denotes that there are minor differences between individal prints caused by printmaking techniques that lead to variations - such as deliberate underinking with the first layer of this print to provide some texture to the sky and the house walls.
I design and carve each motif into linoleum before inking the plate and printing it using Alma or Albert, my Victorian cast iron manual book presses. To make a reduction linocut print, the design is gradually carved away from the same linoleum plate, destroying the plate in the process. All the paper pieces have to be registered to the plate exactly so that the inked up areas fall into the same place on the paper each time. Depending on the number of layers, reduction prints can take several weeks to complete.