Simple Soles Linocut
- 'Simple Soles' print of Dover Sole flat fish on a pebble sea bed
- colour: custom semi-translucent light blue Cranfield Caligo ink
- paper: Bread and Butter printmaking paper, 270 gsm, bright white
- edge- cut or torn edge
- paper size: 24 x 24 cm approx.
- print size: approx 22 x 21 cm
- numbered and signed
- limited edition of 20
Linocuts prints are made by carving a design into traditional linoleum plates which are then inked up and printed in my two Victorian printing presses. All the areas which have been carved away will not print onto the paper, therefore leaving the paper white. Single-colour linocuts are very striking and bold. It is also possible to create multiblock prints with several overlapping plates, or reduction prints where the same plate is gradually carved away as the layers are printed.