- Reculver Towers and Roman Fort, Kent, UK
- original intaglio collograph print
- variable, limited edition of 9
- colour: burnt umber / sepia Akua intaglio ink
- paper: 250gsm Fabriano Unica paper, cut or torn edges
- print size: approx 10 x 23 cm
- paper size: A4 21 x 30 cm
- numbered and signed
- plastic-free postage using recycled materials
I design and cut each motif into cardboard mountboard, using shellac to seal the plate once I have finished cutting. I then cover the plate in ink and I wipe this off selectively to achieve the textures and depths of colours for this print. The inked up plate is then placed under damp paper and pressed using Ivy, my Hawthorn 405 etching press. The phenomenal pressure between the steel rollers of the press leaves an embossed image of the etching plate and transfers the ink from the plate to the paper. There will be variations between each print, making each one unique. I have taken a photograph of the variations within this edition.
Thank you very much for looking at my cards and prints.