Add To Your WishlistSea Fort Linocut, umber
- Red Sands Sea Fort, Maunsell sea fort
- colour: burnt umber (Cranfield ink).
- paper: Clairefontaine paper, natural colour, 250 gsm.
- print size: approx 10 x 15 cm (A6)
- mounted in a bright white cream core mount for a 10x8 inch frame (25.5 x 20.5 cm)
- dated and signed
- final edition of 16
Linocuts prints are made by carving a design into traditional linoleum plates which are then inked up and printed in my two Victorian printing presses. All the areas which have been carved away will not print onto the paper, therefore leaving the paper white. Single-colour linocuts are very striking and bold. It is also possible to create multiblock prints with several overlapping plates, or reduction prints where the same plate is gradually carved away as the layers are printed.