- two snowdrop stems in an old Victorian glass inkwell
- original etching print
- limited edition of 15
- colour: burnt umber Cranfield ink
- paper: Zerkall paper, soft torn or deckle edges
- print size: approx 11 x 4.5 cm
- paper size: approx 15 x 10 cm (A5)
- numbered and signed
- plastic-free postage using recycled materials
I design and scratch each motif into a plastic etching plate. I then cover the plate in ink and I wipe this off selectively to achieve the textures and depths of colours for this print. The inked up plate is then placed under damp paper and pressed using Ivy, my Hawthorn 405 etching press. The phenomenal pressure between the steel rollers leaves and embossed image of the etching plate and transfer the ink from the plate to the paper. There will be variations between each print, making each one unique.
Thank you very much for looking at my cards and prints.